Monday, June 27, 2016

Hello Common Sense Content

I'm not a huge rule-breaker but I question "the rules" constantly.

  • Who made them? 
  • What purpose do they serve? and my favorite question: 
  • WHY?

So imagine my joy (and mild confusion) when I discovered some common-sense content rules I really don't question much or want to break.

Without further ado, here they are:

Mad Pow - Best Practices When Writing for the Web

Integrating Marketing Content

On the other hand, here is how you take a simple concept and wayyyy over-complicate it:



Sorry, MMC Learning, I just call that marketing. Horizontal, vertical, any-which-way you slice it, the point of marketing communications (and even Marketing Communications) and all business writing is....communication.

I have to admit I have a few clients who have been slow to realize just how important it is to market to your employee first. For heaven's sake, if your own employees don't know what your company is trying to market (communicate) how are they going to do a great job for you?

<steps off soapbox>
__________________________________________________________________

Are you and your organization ready for some common sense content?
Contact me. I'd love to help.

No comments: