Thursday, March 24, 2016

3 Old-School Tips for Using Facebook & Twitter


My three favorite pieces of advice for using social media sound pretty old-fashioned:

  1. Plan.
  2. Schedule.
  3. Be Nice. 

By plan, I mean go way old school and have a marketing plan and a content calendar.

By schedule, I mean use the built-in Facebook scheduling feature and either Buffer or HootSuite on Twitter to time your posts for (your) maximum efficiency and (your posts) maximum effect.

By be nice, I mean - it's a social network, folks. If you want people (customers) to like you, to socialize with you (and patronize your business) then you need to be sociable, helpful, nice. If you need a primer on being nice, there is none better (in business at least) than the Dale Carnegie classic, How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Read the book, or take the course, and get on with (a better) life and (more) business.

If you are organized and understand common courtesy, you can do a great job with social media tools. Why complicate things, right?




Want more old-fashioned advice for social media management? 
I'm a writer who understands business. Maybe I can help. 




No comments: